Monterey Camping 2013
Thanks to all who made SWC 2013 a great success!
Check back later this year for details on SWC 2014!
Tent camping – $125 (covers four nights: Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat). Sites approximately 20′ x 20′ – one vehicle allowed at each tent site (if it fits on your 20′ x 20′ site)
Tent Trailer camping (no hookups) – $125 (covers four nights: Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat). Sites approximately 20′ x 20′ – one tent trailer allowed at each site alongside tow vehicle. If tent trailer and tow vehicle must stay connected, RV site must be purchased for total length (measure tow vehicle plus tent trailer).
RV camping (no hookups) – fee based on RV length (covers four nights: Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat). Sites approximately 16′ wide – designed for RV/motorhomes or vehicles pulling trailers (5th wheel, etc. – measure tow vehicle plus trailer).
- 30′ site – $145
- 40′ site – $175
- 50′ site – $205
Orange/Green *Premium Location* Tent/Tent Trailer campsites - $135 (covers four nights: Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat). Sites approximately 20′ x 20′ – one tent trailer allowed at each site alongside tow vehicle. If tent trailer and tow vehicle must stay connected, RV site must be purchased for total length (measure tow vehicle plus tent trailer).
Yellow *Premium Location* 50′ RV campsites (no hook-ups) – $280. Site approximately 16′ x 50′ on packed dirt – designed for RV/motorhomes or vehicles pulling trailers (5th wheel, etc.).
Paddock *Premium Location* 50′ RV campsites (no hook-ups) – $215. Site approximately 16′ x 50′ on asphalt – designed for RV/motorhomes or vehicles pulling trailers (5th wheel, etc.). *Premium Location* reservations available through The Box Office by phone or internet ONLY (no fax or mail orders).
CAMPGROUND MAP/DESCRIPTIONS (Click HERE for map)
All campsites at SWC-Monterey are hard-packed dirt unless otherwise noted as lawn/grass, gravel or asphalt (NO tent stakes in asphalt areas).
Campsites are located on festival property, many within walking distance to concert and activity areas – campground shuttle provided for outlying areas.
Restrooms and/or chemical toilets and showers accessible to all campgrounds.
All camping is primitive. There are no improvements (no hook-ups, tables, BBQ pits, etc) – bring everything you need to be comfortable! Food preparation allowed in camping areas.
Campgrounds assigned/filled in order listed below.
RV Campgrounds (no hook-ups) (Subject to change based on physical assessment of property)
- Handicap – DP placard # and expiration date required
- Yellow Extension Volunteer – 30′ max, dirt/gravel (call Box Office for 40′ availability)
- Yellow Premium Location 50′ sites only (see details above)
- Paddock Premium Location - FULL
- Pink – 40′ max, asphalt
- Brown – asphalt, dirt/gravel
- Purple Pond - 40′ max, dirt
- Gray – asphalt (overflow)
- Ranch – dirt/gravel (overflow)
Tent/Tent Trailer Campgrounds (Subject to change based on physical assessment of property)
- Handicap – DP placard # and expiration date required
- Blue Volunteer
- Orange Premium Location – FULL
- Green Premium Location
- Purple Pond – dirt/grass (walk-in only, park nearby; NO tent trailers)
- Gray (overflow)
- Ranch (overflow)
GENERAL CAMPING INFO
- Sites reserved Wednesday through Saturday nights (four nights, July 31 – August 3), whether you are staying one, two, three, or all four nights.
- Maximum 8 people per campsite.
- Festival ticket(s) not included with camping pass. All campers must be festival attendees; therefore, all campers must purchase festival wristband ticket (sold separately) to enter campground.
- Campers staying four nights must have full-event wristband. Campers staying less than four nights must have full-event or current day’s wristband to enter campground. NOTE: With a single day wristband, campers may enter campground after 7pm the night before; however, next day wristband not valid for that night’s evening concerts or festival activities.
- Sites available for disabled guests – DP placard # and expiration date required.
- Sites are not designed to accommodate additional vehicles. This includes trucks pulling trailers (unless site length purchased will accommodate both). If you arrive with camping vehicle or equipment that cannot be accommodated on the site(s) you reserved, you will be reassigned and charged the additional fee. Extra vehicles pay $5 per day to park in designated overnight parking area.
- Generators are not permitted to operate in campgrounds due to excessive noise and fumes. This excludes generators that are part of an RV; however, 1am noise curfew applies.
- No ground fires allowed. Metal, self-contained camp stoves and charcoal cookers allowed for food preparation only.
- No pets allowed in any festival area, including campgrounds. Seeing-eye dogs excepted.
- For campground descriptions and assignment information (see above)
Spirit West Coast Purchase Policies and Procedures:
- Tickets/camping sold through The Box Office by phone/fax/internet/mail.
- CREDIT CARD POLICY - In an effort to protect customers from credit card fraud, all orders are audited to confirm 1) the buyer and the name on the credit card are the same; and 2) the billing address matches the address on file at the bank. If a transaction fails either audit, an alert will be noted on the receipt. Customers should contact The Box Office immediately if there is any question about a credit card charge.
- The Box Office charges a standard handling fee as an independent ticket agency providing customers the convenience of purchasing festival tickets or making camping reservations by phone, fax, mail or online. Handling fee applies to all orders.
- Standard handling fee is 6% (minimum $6). Handling fee discounted to 3% ($6 minimum applies) for payment by money order (NO CHECKS), mailed March 4 – July 8, 2013. Click below for mail/fax order form.
- Customers may request Will Call or US Mail, until July 8. There is a $4 mailing fee added to all mail orders. Phone/internet/fax (no mail) orders continue July 9 – July 26. Orders placed July 9 – 26 will be held at onsite Box Office/Will Call for pick-up at festival entrance.
- For those requesting to receive orders by mail, the Box Office mails tickets/camp passes 2-4 weeks before the festival. General information packet, detailed camping info, driving directions and festival updates will be included. If you have not received your ticket/camp pass by July 24, please call The Box Office.
- DO NOT MISPLACE TICKET or CAMP PASS! You must wear wristband ticket to enter event and campground areas. If you lose or misplace wristband, you will be required to purchase replacement.
- ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.