Dozens and dozens of groups attend Spirit West Coast, and WHY NOT! It’s an incredible GROUP experience. The group discount rates will be posted soon.
Make SWC your YOUTH CAMP in 2011
Here is the initial information about the NEW , full-on, YOUTH CAMP for high schoolers at the Spirit West Coast festival. We are developing the final specifics of the camp and will have that info in early January. For now here are several bullet points.
1. The prices (always a huge factor) will be between $190 and $215 depending on when you register your group. The lower price will be for early-bird registration and the higher price will be for the very latest registrations (just avoid the highest price by registering before the 2 week window before the event).
- There is a down payment feature where just $30 per student will lock in the early bird price. This feature is called “pay by deposit”.
2. Included in the registration is:
- Complete Festival admission and access to all the Festival’s programming.
- Six (6) meals – Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 4-6; a light breakfast at the camp site, lunch and dinner near the action area, what we call the Festival activity area (as opposed to the camping areas). Campers should bring extra spending money for misc. on site food purchases, AND group leaders and students can bring supplemental snacks and food as they desire etc.
- Access to a free multiple head showers specifically at the YOUTH CAMP camping area.
- 4 nights of camping – All fest goers who camp pay to camp, by the person; camping is not included with the Festival ticket but it will be included with the YOUTH CAMP price.
3. Dates and times: Arrival will be Wed afternoon Aug. 3. Departure would be Sunday morning Aug. 6, after the Sunday morning worship service (service over by 10:30 am). It seems that many youth leaders are looking for a camp that is slightly shorter than a 6 day affair, and the SWC camp is that. Groups can always travel to the area a day earlier to hit the beach or whatever, but if doing so SWC cannot accommodate overnight lodging until Wed. Aug. 3.
4. Programming: YOUTH CAMP registrants are able to access the entire spectrum of Festival programming; 9:30 am – 12 midnight Aug. 4-6 and 8 pm – 11 pm on Wed. Aug. 3. On Thursday – Saturday there will be a daily morning and afternoon session specifically for the YOUTH CAMP, a session with student oriented, relevant and challenging teaching, AND rock worship; from nationally known speaker/teachers and bands (not totally confirmed at this time). These sessions are optional, each group can attend if and as they wish. More information about the teaching will be coming in the months to come.
5. ARTISTS APPEARING – the list of who is appearing at Spirit West Coast is incredible – TobyMac, Skillet, Newsboys, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple, Tenth Avenue North, Matthew West, Fireflight, Manafest, Kutless, Phil Wickham, Dominic Balli, Sanctus Real, The Afters, and many others not yet confirmed.
There will be more specifics coming after the Christmas/New Year’s holidays. The Spirit West Coast website will be updated as developments happen.
Thanks for expressing interest in this innovative and unique CAMP experience. SWC wants to provide a place for youth and students to be impacted, hopefully your group can join us.